Are you interested in gaining hands-on experience running the social media accounts of a non-profit? Please contact Dr. Anthony Chow to apply to be our Spring 2021 HorseFriends Social Media intern. In this position you will:
*Manage a growing non-profits social media accounts with the major platforms, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
*Brainstorm and develop post and campaigns.
*Use data analytics to analyze social media engagement and reach.
*Interact with followers and potential donors.
*Update and refresh a Professional WordPress website.
*Liaison with HorseFriends staff to photos and videos to produce content.
iLab interns work hard each semester to get the word out about the great work being done by HorseFriends of North Carolina. When possible, iLab interns visit the farm to take pictures and video of the farm, it’s animals, and most importantly staff and participants. Otherwise, interns rely on shared media provided by current HorseFriends’ staff members. These media are used to:
- Keep HorseFriends active on social media
- Update website content at https://horsefriendsnc.org/
- Assist with fundraising efforts, specifically through GoFundMe
- Create updated sponsorship cards to elicit donations
- Respond to and forward HorseFriends’ emails to the appropriate staff members
- Provide technical assistance to staff members (for example: help setup and import contacts into a Sign Up Genius account)
- Update Google business page for HorseFriends of North Carolina Therapeutic Riding Program
HorseFriends is a nonprofit therapeutic riding program located in the Piedmont Triad Area of North Carolina that is committed to providing equine therapy services 100% FREE of charge. Through technical support and expertise, the iLab intern plays an integral role in supporting Horsefriends’ mission of sharing the blessings of Christ with our community by providing equine programs that develop confidence, as well as physical, and emotional strength for our participants and volunteers.